- Additional information
We offer 250g, 500g, 750g and 1kg options.
- You MUST open and consume our biltong sticks within 3 days of receiving your order (we bag and ship them FRESH).
- The back of our packaging lists all ingredients and allergens.
- Our packaging contains an oxygen absorber, which is NOT for consumption.
- Store the biltong sticks in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or freeze them.
- This product is not suitable for people with barley, fish, wheat gluten, soya bean, milk and eggs allergies. Our products may also contain or have traces of nuts or nut oils or we may have made it alongside other products containing nuts.
- The spices we use include MSG flavour enhancers.
- Billies & Tong is not responsible for any issues resulting from food allergies.
We make a fresh batch of biltong, chilli/original snapsticks and droewors every week here at Billies & Tong. So don’t worry if you don’t receive your order right away. We are working hard to create your delicious treats and they will arrive fresh and tasty soon!
*For larger quantities, email us at email@example.com for more details.
BILTONG STICKS FAQs
Remember, you are buying biltong in the UK, not in Africa. The UK is much wetter and more humid. This makes it harder to preserve biltong for a long time. You need to keep your biltong sticks in a dry area with low humidity.
You need to store your ‘tong’ carefully to enjoy it fully. Biltong is a preserved product, but it is still a natural food that contains water. It may go off if you store it incorrectly.
We send our biltong sticks in a vacuumed sealed bag with oxygen absorbers. This helps to preserve them as best as possible during the delivery. When you receive our sticks, open the bag, eat them or hang the rest on a hook or string in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place. Do NOT put the sticks in a sealed container (that isn’t breathable) or the fridge because this will add unwanted moisture. Try to eat your biltong within 3 days if you can.
Mould can grow if your sticks touch another surface. Once you open the sticks, they are exposed to the air. Mould spores are dormant on almost ALL surfaces. Food is a perfect place for mould to grow because it has many nutrients. Even fresh food has mould spores. You can’t see them until the food is older (that’s why we say to eat your biltong within 3 days) and the mould spores start to grow. Mould will appear then. It is important to let your sticks breathe and not touch anything else.
We want you to love our freshly made biltong sticks. So please follow our advice above. We do NOT give refunds on biltong sticks because we make and cut them to order. The UK has different humidity and climate as we said before. So you need to follow these steps to make sure you can enjoy your delicious treat and order. If you need more advice, feel free to call us on 01749 595628.
250g, 500g, 750g, 1kg